Thursday, June 3, 2010

An update on my parents

I wanted to express my gratitude to all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers after my last post.  It was very hard and stressful, but every comment was a blessing to me those first days.

My Dad is still in the ICU, but seems to be doing better.  I haven't been able to talk to him yet, but my brother says he is joking around and alert.

My mom was readmitted after the first night because she passed out and sprained her ankle.  They are just taking precations with her heart and getting a lot of tests done.  The hardest part was that she wasn't allowed out of bed and couldn't see my dad.  Luckily, they finally let her last night.

Recovery will be long and painful, but they are alive (thanks to their helmets) and on the road to getting better.  I'll let you know when they are out of the hospital!

post signature