Sunday, September 23, 2012

Getting my routine on

Nearly a month into the school year, and I am falling into an easy routine. I know some people dread routine as a dreary word, but I love it. I see it as an intricate dance where I perfect the day by repetition. I usually start a timid rough draft (written out, I am THAT list oriented) and then adapt as I live it. Moving the pieces of my week around until they feel more natural or more efficient or blessedly both at once. After I've polished the routine, I can add the improvisations in more easily; with kids, there are always unroutine-able, sometimes unforeseen, bumps in life.

Of course there are some things I still  need to tweek. I'm only fitting in exercise twice as week and I'd like more computer time, or rather, better use of computer time! It seems my project are all half done and my piles of ideas are cluttering up my ambition. Still, I'm settling into a happy routine and I think I can adjust it, if not easily, than feasibly.

I think it's easier this year than it has been for many because all the kids are finally in school. Although it is only a few hours each morning, the introvert in me is thriving on time alone each day. I've found it makes the rest of the daily chaos more manageable and I'm getting more done throughout the day. Homework is monitored, house cleaned, and kids read to with patience to spare. In fact I enjoy spending time with the kids when I don't have to forcibly carve alone-time into my day (usually by hiding in my bedroom or bathroom).

Of course it helps that Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I always feel more present and joyous during this season. But this year I'm in a particularly happy place and I'm trying to take in as much of it as possible.

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I am still trying to figure out the schedule. I have all mine in school but still one in kindergarten which makes it still a bit tricky. I hope I can get my schedule refined before the school year is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's time for another baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to all the great things you will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray. Sounds wonderful. I love schedules and routine also, and hope to someday be able to have more of it in my life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are happy!

    Tudie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howaboutkids.com.au, one stop for all kids activities. Visit us now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was on Twitter looking for Neiko Tools Abrasives when I found a link to this blog, happy I stopped by – Cheers dirty jokes reddit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good site! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day! Ramadan Date

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to use hydrogen fuel on my car, this fuel is really nonpolluting but is not yet very available* Easter Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. Considerably, the article is really the freshest on that notable topic. I concur with your conclusions and also can thirstily look forward to your forthcoming updates. Saying thanks will not simply just be enough, for the exceptional lucidity in your writing. I will certainly immediately grab your rss feed to stay abreast of any kind of updates. Authentic work and much success in your business dealings! Holy Friday Week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good site! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day! Mothers Day Jokes

    ReplyDelete