Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Family Pictures

Only bought the clothes 2 months ago (luckily they still fit).

Only had one child get the most horrible haircut 2 hours before the photos were scheduled (luckily Peter could fix it, or at least hide the flaws).

Only half the family had unsightly facial blemishes (luckily only one picked the scab right before we got there).

Only had one child wear the wrong pants (luckily you can't see Ryan's high waters in the pictures).

Only had two enter the store with terrible shoes (luckily the shoe department was next to the photo studio).

Only had one child fall asleep on the car ride there (luckily Matthew didn't fuss at all when we woke him up).

Only had to reschedule once (luckily Elise remembered to tell us about her school concert the day before she had it).

And I didn't even have to kill any of the children (luckily they responded to just the threat)!



Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Great pictures! The most impressive thing is that you try. We did family pictures for Christmas and I swear we will never do them again (and that would be 4 adults, 2 kids...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are great. I'm glad everyone survived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on, your hair cut didn't turn out that bad.....Super cute pictures but you forgot the picture with everyone in it. Sure do miss those cute kids of yours! And you and Pete too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up the copies from Costco today with no trouble. They looked great. I'm excited to add them to Abe's photo book. Oh, and ARGGGHHH 9 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I can't wait to go get nice family pictures taken some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures! We need to get ours done and I have been avoiding it for all the same reasons you mentioned above. But I guess all the work is definitely worth it. You guys look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should go get family pics done too. I think we've had 2 more kids since the last time we had some taken.

    Cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures are way cute. I'm glad no one had to die in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures are great. How can I get copies? The kids are so cute and I love the one of you and Peter. What is this about a bad hair cut? I thought yours looked cute and who ever cut it was extremely smart and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are indeed very daring to get family photos done. I didn't see any comment about only one bribe, so I'm assuming there was more than one. ;o) They turned out cute. I love the pairings, especially the one with your littlest guys. The family photo on your sidebar is impressive. How did the photographer get everyone to look in the same direction and mostly smile? This post reminds me of one I should add to my blog. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute pictures. Everyone is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute family pictures. Thanks for sharing your blog!

    ReplyDelete