Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Meet my friend Karen

Karen is a friend I met on twitter (@Karinaink) whom I just adore.  She was one of the first people I met, actually.  A few months ago I found out she has a delightful blog where she writes about her family and her creativity.  She shows the world how to be graceful and thrive, even when struggling with MS and 4 little boys under the age of 6- a couple of whom are autistic.  Instead of wallowing in difficulty, she embraces life.  It is truly inspirational.  You should totally check her out!

So when she had a giveaway on her blog with one of her creations, I knew I had to participate.  Even if I'm too late writing this post to even get what she offers, I still love helping out my friends, especially the really cool ones.  She makes lovely letter banners that look something like this:

She sells the banners in her Etsy shop (Karina, Ink) for $2.50 a letter.  Really, they are gorgeous, aren't they?  You could go for the entire alphabet (she gives you a deal for it!):


post signature

P.S. Did you notice I used "whom" twice in this post? I know, totally geeky, right?

12 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I'll go check her out.

    P.S. How is your dad doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used "whom" twice. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go back to count the whoms - talk about geeky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous, I'll go check out her Etsy site. And you are totally not geeky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome banners! And oh how I can relate to her struggles with MS. She sounds like such an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i heart karen! and those banners...so. stinkin'. cute! but dont feel obligated to get one with MY name on it, i'll totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are such cute letters! They are so creative. I'll have to go to her site. My house is kind of blah those would add much needed color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's true... she really is amazing.

    And those banners... I am in AWE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a struggle. I am going to check out her blog. thanks,C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lovely! Posts like this always make me yearn to redecorate...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete