I was tagged by my friend Brookeh (sorry, private blog) to list 6 quirks. I figure this is like the 7 random things but more focused on my idiosyncrasies (and I have enough random things to do many variations on this tag). Anyway, here goes . . .
1. I HATE being touched when I am really tired. This can make kisses (especially if hugs are involved) after family prayer a very unpleasant thing if I've had a particularly long day.
2. I have to put Dominoes (and Qwirkle pieces) away in the correct order. We had a set that went to 14 and I always started with 14/14 and ended with 0/0. If they are put away out of order, I will dump them out and do it correctly.
3. I chew on pen lids- I know, terrible habit, but hard to break.
4. I am a free range snacker. If there is food out, I will keep picking some up to eat. This can be bad at parties and I have to remind myself that it is not polite to keep taking more and more food. If I'm not careful I'll eat the entire plate of cookies, candy, bread, whatever while more polite people are taking their time.
5. I can't stand the sound of styrofoam rubbing against itself. It pierces my brain. If packaging comes with it and the kids get into it, I cover my ears and force them to get it away from me.
6. I'm still scared of dogs. As an adult I know to put on a smile and ignore the unreasonable fear. I will even pet the dog and compliment the owner. But always (unless I know the dog well), there is an undercurrent of fear there.