Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Proof that Batman and Robin made me crazy

A couple of weeks ago the kind people of the Cartoon Network decided they wanted all parents' heads to explode. So they decided to put Batman and Robin in their program lineup. The plan was ingenious. They must have known that 1) parents would have blocked such a terrible movie from their memory and 2) children seeing an old batman movie coming on would beg to watch. Anyway you look at it, my head was about to explode. However, I did learn a couple of valuable tidbits while trying to avoid watching or listening to this movie.



First of all, I had the pleasure of informing my children that the actor, and I use that term loosely, playing Mr Freeze is the current governor of California. Not only was I proud of the fact that I did not use the term "governator", I learned my children must know something of California (because it did not surprise them in the least that a man covered in silver paint was California's governor). I even took a moment to pause and consider that my children will think of Arnold as the politician who used to act (again loosely held usage) and not the actor who became a politician. Unfortunately, this only took up a minute of time avoiding watching the movie.



Next, in an attempt to avoid more of the movie, Peter and I began discussing Batman, aka George Clooney. I believe things were stated along the lines of "Too bad his politics are so crazy, because he is so good looking." Out of respect, I will not tell you which one of us said that. And I apologize for anyone who agrees with Clooney's politics . . . because you must be crazy.



Anyway, it comes out that Peter has met George Clooney. Not actually met as much as saw him in a restaurant eating. He would have introduced himself, but was worried he might actually say something along the lines of what we were just saying (crazy . . . good looking . . . feud with Bill O'Riley . . . etc). Plus, and we know this as parents of a toddler, who wants their dinner to be continually interrupted by slobbering, adoring fans wanting to sit on your lap? Um, not that Peter would do that to George Clooney, but it was probably wise to just admire from afar.



I was shocked! This is the man who calls to inform me he just saw Obama- with his window down and holding a bottle of water- drive past him in NYC. He never mentions hobnobbing with George Clooney? I mean they're practically best friends now! What other famous people encounters must he be hiding? I want to see paternity test results for Angelina's twins!!


(Actually this is unnecessary since the the discussion of Clooney naturally evolved to the admission that Peter thinks Jennifer Aniston is better looking than Angelina Jolie. What? Seriously? Has he seen pictures of Angelina Jolie??)



Thankfully, I managed to avoid most of the movie. There is no telling, however, how much brain damage was incurred by my children watching the entire thing. I just checked and it is still on our DVR. I will erase it now before I'm accidentally sucked in again. Although maybe if I mute the sound I can just watch George Clooney, Chris O'Donnell, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman dance across my screen. Man, maybe I am already brain dead. Curse you Batman and Robin!!!!



And although I like to tease my husband, I am compelled to admit that I said the line about crazy, good-looking Clooney. And Peter would never fall all over him. However if he were ever to meet Ben Affleck . . .

15 comments:

  1. I'm with Peter on the whole Jennifer Aniston thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Charlotte, when it comes to rating women, you are a noob. Jennifer is definitely the winner in that contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...I think I should have been mentioned when talking about beautiful women...I mean...come on! How funny. I can picture the conversation happening just that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have me laughing out loud...again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it that when I read Davis Family's I pictured Bryan posting it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol that was so funny.

    And A.J. TOTALLY beats J.A. But I'm pretty sure Barlow agrees with the other guys and is a Jenn kinda guy.

    Also, George Clooney is hot. I mean, for an old guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of George Clooney.... he seems to get better looking as he ages. No fair!! I must agree with you Charlotte on Angelina! Although she is a bit of a home wrecker, I still think she is beautiful! I was so excited that you had a post involving celebrities. Christian thinks that I am a junkie when it comes to celebrity news!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok- I totally agree with your husband- I think both Angelina and Jennifer Aniston are gorgeous but I just must say that I love Jennifer Aniston a little better- maybe it's the quarter Greek in me that likes her because she's Greek too... lol

    By the way- you need to see the Dark Knight (new Batman Movie) if you haven't - it's incredible... and the one before it too... The other ones are stupid!

    :) I love movies- have a mentioned that? And I'm slightly obsessed with celebrity news but I try really hard to not watch the entertainment shows anymore... after that "good better and best" conference talk... ; (

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh. I've always thought Angelina looked a little like a Fraggle. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Fraggle
    I saw a Reader's Digest interview with her four or five years ago, and she mentioned that she always thought she looked a little like a Muppet. All I thought was, "Bingo!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to tell you that I get a Kick out of reading your blog. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. George Clooney still looks his best as a "Clark-Gable-Look-a-like" in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" (I know, I know, I shouldn't watch that movie....but, again George Clooney:Clark Gable...) Heather told me I needed to check out y'all's blog, and I seriously snorted I was laughing so hard. My vote? Not Angelina, not Jennifer....hmmmm...maybe, Joanne Woodward. Seriously, she was married to Paul Newman for over 50 years and gave up her career to raise his children. Plus, she just gets points for being married to Paul Newman...I mean, Brad Pitt? Pleaaase. They just don't make 'em like Paul anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just in the store thinking "Man I cant believe Brad left Jenn for Angie" She is pretty but no comparision.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I might be the only one that thinks this way, but I don't think George Clooney is cute and I know it is 100% his personality that turns me off. He just bugs me.
    My celebrity crush is Angelina Jolie, I don't bat for the other team, but if I did, she is the one for me. Just look at those lips. Of course she is the most anti-mormon actress out there and that may cause some problems.

    ReplyDelete
  14. J.A. is hot, A.J. is hot. Brad got it right, take the best of both worlds :) jk. Anyway, Batman and Robin was an awesome movie (one of those "I can't believe how much this sucks! ... I must keep watching...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just the giggle I needed today! (And I agree with you about GC and JA vs. AJ) ;)

    ReplyDelete