- he has not had any accidents for over a week,
- he decided to wear underwear a whole 2 weeks before he turned 3 (when I would have pressed the issue),
- he refuses to sit down to pee but has been finally convinced it is necessary when in the women's public restroom,
- he keeps going outside wearing only underwear
- (and for a brief moment today I worried he may have snuck out wearing even less).
And I didn't even have to try to think of a nice word for bowel movement. So there you have it: until I become incontinent myself, I am officially finished with diapers. For 7 years I was changing a child in diapers and for 5 years I was changing two. A dozen years and I am done!! I am one happy, happy mother.
(P.S.- I wait until they're three because I had a horrible, terrible, excruciating experience potty training my oldest. You'd think she would have been ready when she kept trying to change her own poopy diapers, but you'd be wrong. It was horrible enough that I would rather change diapers an extra year and wait till the kids are old enough to be trained in a couple days. This was the first time I learned that it is far better to wait till a child is old enough to learn something rather than to beat us both up trying to do it before they're ready. That lesson was ALMOST worth the terrible experience)