Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ethan's Party

What do you mean he turned 8 a month ago? You mean it isn't customary to celebrate a month late? What if the boy wants a party at a skating rink and his birthday is right before Christmas? Isn't it OK then? What is with all the questions I keep asking?

Ethan wanted to go to a skating rink. Even though this is not how I typically do parties, Peter pointed out that we only have them every four years and we did buy them all rollerblades for Christmas. This was our second time at a rink (the first being a birthday party the day before Ethan decided he wanted his party there and the reason we decided to buy skates for the kids). We sent out the invites a little late (like three days before the party), but still had a nice turn out (6 of the 10 kids invited). I realized it would be rude of me to post his friends pictures without permission, so all you get are my own family. Minus me, who was behind the camera (although I took the picture in the post below that same day).

Here is Ethan and the cake and cupcakes (he wanted a sport theme):



And in case you adore seeing pictures of my family:



7 comments:

  1. It seems your kids grow every time I see a new picture. They sure are cute kids. Glad you had a good party Ethan. Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, did I love rollerblading once upon a time. Cake looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone looks great! You are the queen of birthday parties!

    And, there's nothing wrong with a month late - the party we are invited to on Saturday is for a girl whose birthday was Dec. 30 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun. I used to love going to Classic Skating. I like his cake too. Cupcakes are all the rage nowadays! Happy Birthday to Ethan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a cool cake. Looks like fun. Maybe we will follow suit with rollerblades for Christmas next year (or this year, however you want to say it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool cakes! You are so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that cake! The skates were perfect for your kids.

    ReplyDelete